Sunday, August 22, 2010

Vantec Review

I received some Vanetec vanes in 2" from the company as a sample to test. Anybody can get them so I figured what the heck, they are free. Well, I fletched them up last Fri. in 3 and 4 fletch to do so testing and comparisons to my Blazers and to shoot my bow with the new string on it. I shot Fri., Sat., and today, about 30 shots each arrow and I'm not happy.


I was pleased Fri. and Sat. with the accuracy and grouping of the 4 fletch but was told of a problem with this set up in wind at long distances. Today we have a pretty good wind so I got my equipment out today to find out. I just reached in my arrow case and grabbed the Vanetec's to try the 4 fletch at 60 yds. in fairly strong angling head wind and a couple of Blazer 3 fletch arrows for comparison. I shot the Blazers and they were right on target as usual. I grabbed a Vanetec, nocked it up and shot it. OMG :o It went crazy. I thought it may have been me so I grabbed the other one and damn, it did the same thing.

I went to the neighbors field on the next block and picked them up. While walking back, I was going over both shots in my head trying to figure out if I did something and could not pinpoint anything I may have done wrong. So, I got to looking at the arrows to see if they may have gotten damaged somehow (these are the new ones picked up Fri.).

To my surprise and a certain level of disgust, the vanes had enough waves in them to surf. There was not a 1/4" of the vane that is straight or in line with the next section. The only thing I can figure is they DO NOT like Biscuits.


I have not found anything about this problem on their website but I do plan on notifying them about it. I can't complain too much as they were free, but I did expect more than 30 shots out of them.

They have already come off and been replaced with Blazers. As soon as my wife gets back from vacation with my good camera, I'm gonna take pictures to send to them also. I do know I will not shoot anything but Blazers from now on. I really expected more from a vane that claims to last as long as my bow. Also, they were the Vmax. Just my .02.

No comments:

Post a Comment