Sunday, August 22, 2010

Off Season Journal '09

I got a No-Peep yesterday and put it on and did the rough set up. It wasn't very difficult but I had talked to other people that have it and got a few shortcuts.

I went to the range this morning, I adjusted my sight accordingly and the first three arrows were stacked on top of each other. The only problem is that they were hitting to the left. I adjusted the sight all the way out to no avail. So I put the sight back where I started and adjusted the rest in. It got better but was still to the left.

The groups were outstanding out to 50 yds. Three arrows almost in the same whole. I did have one flier that buried an inch into a 2x4 from 50 yds. and broke it getting it out but otherwise, I love the no-peep and my groups are tighter than before.

I think I have figured out my problem though. I was drawing it at the house and looking at everything and I have some serious cam lean going on. I guess the new Winner's Choice string and harness is coming sooner than expected. I knew I needed a new string anyways but I was hoping to get a little longer out of it but I guess not.

I had very little fine tuning to do to the no-peep though. All I had to do was resight and it is not a lie when the website says it will show any problems with form or equipment. It sure does. LOL!!

Update: June 21- I got it!!! The No Peep is set and this is my 50 yd. group with a 10 mph left to right crosswind.




I am extremely happy with these results. I also was amazed at how steady I am now because of being able to see the no peep moving if I'm moving. I think this is one of the greatest archery inventions ever. I think any new archer should try one of these and it would greatly shorten the learning curve, even if they start out using a peep. I now understand why so many people like it. I just can't wait to let the air outta something now. Later y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment