Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bow Season '09


I decided for a quick hunt after work. went back to where I shot the doe, slid up tree, turned around, sit down and saw him in the field. I tried some calling and got his attention but he kept walking to the woods. If he hit the woods he would be down wind and I figured it would be over. Wrong!!! He smelled the Butternut and walked out right under my stand. He just seemed to stay there forever.

I was losing light fast and he wasn't moving, so I did something I would have never done without the no-peep. He moved out about 10 yds. and I let one fly right between the shoulder blades and a little back. The Thunderhead did the job. I climbed down, field dressed him and headed to the house.

I processed him, had supper and got done not too long ago. I have some meat in the freezer finally. Now for muzzle loader season.

It was late and dark so I didn't get any good pics. I had to work him up by headlights and flashlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment