Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting Ready

Well, it's less than a month until my pre-season bow hunt and I'm already getting ready. My bow, arrows and broadheads are tuned and ready. My pack is organized and ready. I just have a few items to pick up between now and then and I will be totally ready. I need to get a new canopy because mine was destroyed last year from the rain. Water built up on top and the center post ripped right through the top. I can't decide if I want another canopy or a screen room. I can get either one for around $40. 


A canopy would be open and offer easier access for cooking or just chillin' with a cold one, but a screen room would be enclosed and offer some extra protection from the elements and pests. That would save me on Therma-cell refills. I'll probably just flip a coin, LOL!


I'm hoping the weather will be better this year. Last year was nothing but rain and too many acorns so the hunting was not very good. Also, we have an open season on turkeys in the fall this year, so the weather will be important because I want a nice fall bird this year. I have plans for smoked turkey, LOL!!!


Hope everyone has a great and successful season. Good luck to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're ready to roll!

    My wife and I are moving into a new house the week of opening day in Ohio...gaaaaah! I'm going to have to be crafty to get out, but I will ;-)

    Blog is looking good!

    Sean (DuckBuckGoose from PHJ)

    ReplyDelete