Sunday, August 22, 2010

Off Season Journal '09

Well, I went to the lease last weekend to mow and replenish minerals and check food plots. We didn't get any mowing done because the trail has been washed out so bad I could not get the small tractor down it. I tried but ended up laying the tractor over. It's a good thing it has a bucket on it or I wouldn't have been able to get it out.

We didn't get to do much hunting but we did do some scouting and found some new travel lanes where the deer were moving along a ridge 20 yds. from one of our stands. We also found some new hog wallows and a lot more hog signs. We camped under a rock house and when we woke up the next morning had a small rattlesnake laying on a rock a few feet from us. We took some pics, packed up and headed home.

I went to the bow shop to drop off my HCA PowerForce last Mon. and went back Fri. to approve some repairs. The owner had his two recurves there and two more on the shelf. One was a PSE Kingfisher takedown, one was an older Martin takedown and the other two were one piece Martins. D/W's ranged from 45# to 55# and I must say I was surprised. 45# to 50# is about all I want. LOL. It truly was a very different shooting experience. I was also surprised that I could at least hit the target at 20 yds., not very accurately, but I hit it. Hopefully, in the next year, I will be adding a new recurve to the arsenal. I just want to have the opportunity to shoot a few more manufacturers before I make my decision.

It's killing me not having my bow but I hope it will be better when I get it back. Well, gotta go for now. I should have my bow back Fri. and I have my fingers crossed that I won't have to make too many adjustments. Bye y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment